Parallax Propeller II MCU
- Unofficial Documentation:
- OBEX (Object Exchange)
- OBEX has now moved to github. Find it
- OBEX has been a valuable resource for P1.
Hopefully, will continute to be for P2 as more code becomes available.
- Use free Visual Studio Community edition to
edit Flex C code!
- This is my current favorite way to program the
- Here's How
- Using FTDI's EVE series of GPUs with P2
- FlexProp (was FlexSpin) is a compiler
for both Spin1 and Spin2 and also does a version of Basic and C
- Compiles to Hubexec and uses absolute
- Open Source
- Can download from the github page
or with the GUI link below
- Official GUI is called FlexGui and is
- My Usage notes
- PNut is a basic GUI and
compiler for Spin2 by Parallax
- Compiles to Cogexec and uses relative
- Propeller Tool 2 GUI is in development,
currently works a lot like the original
- Get the latest from
- Catalina is an ANSI complient C
compiler for both Spin1 and Spin2 (Now with Geany IDE). Available
- Clang/LLVM Is a new C++
compiler for P2 and appears to be working as of 19Feb22
- The Propeller Tool now supports P2
- FlexGui is the official GUI for fastspin and is
- SpinEdit GUI (see below) can work with
both Fastspin and PNut, was meant to fill the void until the Propeller
- Propeller Code Generator
is a program to automatically generate and run example C code with
- Get it
in the Forum
SpinEdit isn't really used or supported much now that the new Propeller Tool is
An editor for Spin2 (and Spin1) files. Find info and the latest version in the end of
this forum thread. Or, download direct from
Spin2 now works with both PNut and Fastspin (PNut integration is rather
basic though as PNut doesn't provide compile info to command line).
Also provides support for FlexBasic and FlexC as well as Spin1.
- Flow indicators don't always work right for
complex, nested loop structures.
- Syntax highlighting is mostly correct, but a
couple rarely used things don't get highlighted properly.
- Example code for Eval board (and
sometimes works on FPGA)